Filed under: Blow Your Paycheck Friday
I am DYING for some smoking slippers. I passed up some glitter slippers last fall for obvious reasons (though I am still feening for some) but I think they are so chic. Especially these loubies:
Now I don’t think I’d drop $1295 for slippers at Saks – even studded slippers – but I may want to explore a potential look for less. Unfortunately these Vectras don’t quite do the trick for me. I can keep checking for options.
Filed under: Holiday
So I asked you earlier this year a key question in a blog post: Fuchsia Baywater Mulberry vs. Tobacco Gucci Boston Bag. You will be (perhaps) shocked to know that when it came time to spend the $1400 that Jamison and I had budgeted for my birthday bag, I selected neither of these bags. While in Vegas, I stopped by the Gucci store. The Boston bag was so… regular. Now I will admit the white one caught my eye but not more than this bad boy which I had spied walking past the YSL store over and over on our way through Crystals.
The large is pictured here. Also the prices have increased since I bought my bag on April 1. I paid $1650 for the oversized and the large was only $1550. Yes, that is a bit over budget but I had some slack in the budget after paying off my credit cards earlier than anticipated. 😉
You may also recall my obsession with the Michael Kors Red Sequin Grayson stemming from last December. I tried my hardest to track it down on discount in January and February to no avail. I finally talked to Amy about how much I needed it. She suggested I use my birthday money from family and friends to buy it. I found it on eBay from a fab seller for $250. I scooped it up happily.
I also found some fabulous electric blue straight cut, ankle skimming pants at TJ Maxx for $29.99 (similar to those pictured here but not as cropped.) I cannot wait to wear them! Now I still need some tangerine and yellow jeans before the spring trend dies.
I have made a sad decision that I cannot break out any of the birthday gifts until Monday April 30, but I can’t wait to rock them! I made a conscious effort to also not make my birthday as big a deal as I usually would this year. At first I was even going to WORK on my bday. But now I’ve got a decent little plan for May 3 that sounds fun enough and maybe even a little exhausting:
Lunch at JCT Kitchen
Braves game at 12:10 (assuming no rain)
Cupcakes – I will write about this place when I find out the name LOL
Happy Hour at TAP
Dinner at South City Kitchen
Filed under: Girl Crush Wednesday
After a way-too-long absence, I have decided to bring back the girl crush series with a girl that I find keeps getting hotter and hotter, Rihanna. I saw Drake’s video for “Take Care” and trust me, RiRi was the only redeeming element of the visual and/or audio. I am really into her chameleon, all-the-way-bad-girl yet high-class fashionista look:
Love her with dark cropped hair
Fire engine red
Blonde watching basketball (Getty)
Full-on bad girl glamoflagued (do any of you watch “Styled By June?”) in sweet ruffles and prints
Filed under: My Shopping Finds
Last April I was desperate to find replacement cocktail dresses after my 40+ lb weight loss. I found this amazing black satin Calvin Klein dress on Hautelook. Well after I got it and loved the ultra flattering fit, I was obsessed with ordering it in blue as well. I searched and searched and searched to find it with no luck. Well, guess what I found for $71 on MyHabit?
See what can happen if you wait a year for what you want? You can get it. Now where to wear it…
Filed under: Random
As you guys know, writing clearlyfabulous is something I have done and enjoyed for about 2.5 years now. I found myself in quite a funk beginning a couple of months back. One of the many things I stopped focusing on during this time was writing clearlyfabulous.
I tried everything I could to get back in the swing of things, but I am still struggling a bit. I lost my way as it relates to food, exercise, shopping, cocktails. I tried every way possible to medicate myself against the depression and anxiety I found myself swirling in. I have decided to take a more proactive approach going forward:
- Re-focus on diet and exercise – not only have I gained about 10 pounds over my comfortable fluctuation range but I have been recently diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. This means I am going to be taking some very aggressive measures in the way of diet and exercise. I now take 4 prescription meds each morning and it’s a bit too much for me to handle. Yes, I am taking my meds, but I do NOT like it. So I am going to do whatever it takes to get off of them. I am beginning the Mediterranean Diet, which will be tricky for me due to my natural beef-loving Nebraskan self. But I brainstormed ideas yesterday. I will exercise 4-6 times per week, with an increased focus on resistance training.
- Stay out of debt – By not writing, you guys missed out on a major milestone back in March. I paid off all of my credit card debt. Finally. Now I need to stay out of debt. I am trying to figure out which cards to cancel without hurting my credit score. I am also trying to maximize reward points while only spending cash on essential items.
- Focus on investing and saving – Now that I have learned to live on less and shop way less, I want to refocus my efforts on stocking my emergency fund and investing more in my 401K and IRA. I also want to open a Roth IRA too.
- Continue my focus on finding pleasure in ways other than acquiring things – This does not mean I will never shop, but it means my joy will not come from shopping and I will continue to focus on keeping my wardrobe and home decor lean.
- Begin therapy to get to the bottom of the anxiety and depression – I have a sneaking suspicion that my recent health woes are connected to these issues as well. I need to deal with some unresolved issues, move on, forgive. I was at a conference earlier this month. The keynote speaker presented this one slide that read: “The happiest people are those who give. The happiest people are those who forgive. The least happy people are those who hold grudges.” I was so inspired by this – I need to learn to forgive and deal with issues, rather than placing my skeletons in the closet. I suspect I am beginning to run out of room. I need to actively deal with my father’s death last year. I have to free myself from all the things that are holding me back from happiness.
I also owe you guys a giant blog post featuring all the things I’ve bought in the last two or so months. And a post on the wonderful gifts I’ve gotten for my upcoming birthday (one and a half weeks). I will also start re-focusing on my regular Wednesday and Friday posts along with featuring some “What I’m Rocking” posts too. I may also share any particularly delish plant-based meals I create.
Thanks for sticking with me. I can’t wait to be back to my old self.
Filed under: Blow Your Paycheck Friday
I spent a little time in the YSL store in Las Vegas lately [more to come on that soon 😉 ] and it got me totally inspired by the spring line. These gorgeous orange sandals could make everything in my wardrobe a little brighter, sassier and more fabulous. Don’t you agree?
They just might be worth the $795 price tag. Get them at Saks. Rock them with everything.